For the Ultimate Cheese Connoisseur.
- FREE SHIPPING (1 to 5 business days) within the United States
- Automatic Membership to Exclusive Monthly Deals on Cheese & Accouterments.
We've engineered the Cheese Grotto to fit your specialty cheese needs.
Each Grotto is handmade in the USA in limited quantities.
If we are out of stock, your pre-order will ship approximately two weeks after your order is placed. For expedited and international orders, please contact email@example.com.
- Two removable shelves (Bamboo or Black Resin with soapstone chalk)
- 1 handcrafted clay brick for humidity control
- Vaulted ceiling for condensation control
- 2 oz bottle of mineral oil
- Holds up to 8 pounds of cheese
- Bamboo material does not warp and is 3x stronger than solid oak
- Plexi-glass paneling for easy viewing
- Made in the USA
- Handwash only
Use & Care
- For long-term storage of cheese, it is recommended to keep the Cheese Grotto at refrigeration temperatures (34ºF to 39º F, preferably 39ºF). For 7 to 10 days, you can store cheese in the Grotto under 70ºF on the counter or in a cellar, like the French do.
- Hand wash shelves with extremely hot water and a splash of distilled white vinegar
- Allow the Grotto shelves to air dry between uses
- For maintenance of the bamboo shelves, a monthly application of mineral oil is recommended
- 12 inches deep, 7.5 inches wide, 8.5 inches tall
- 8 pounds
- Materials designed for durability
Our original Grotto, The Classico, is made with architecturally handsome bamboo that is extremely resilient and durable over a lifetime (3 X stronger than oak). Each Grotto is finished by hand, making it a gorgeous tabletop display for entertaining at larger dinner parties.
The Classico Model has a larger footprint, at 7.5 inches wide, 12 inches deep, and 8.5 inches tall, making it the perfect size for the avid cheese connoisseur, with a medium to large refrigerator. Taking after age-old European traditions, this model can be stored on the countertop or in a cellar at a warmer temperature (45 to 69 F) for effective short-term cheese storage, or it can be stored in the fridge for long-term storage.
The framed, pull-down drawer is perfectly designed for fridge and countertop use.
The adjustable back panel allows for additional ventilation for curing and ripening styles of cheese. Because of the adjustability, the model can also be used for at-home cheese aging projects. The porous and unfinished quality of the bamboo promotes a healthy environment for cheese microbes, and upkeep is easy with a monthly application of mineral oil.
An excellent gift for the aspiring cheese aficionado in combination with the Advanced Cheese Package.
Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly and regularly.
Though Cheese Grotto’s Jessica Sennett is an expert at bringing out cheese’s best flavors, she is not an expert in food safety and she does not offer any opinion about food safety. New York Department of Health regulations requires restaurants to store cheese at a temperature below 45 degrees F, except for up to two hours during preparation for food service. Nothing in Cheese Grotto’s materials, including statements regarding the shelf life of cheese, is intended to (and the materials should not be interpreted to) conflict with food safety regulations and recommendations.